Make a Difference
Granite Staters care about educational issues, including school choice, that impact our children’s lives and academic outcomes.
School-choice is not limited to only those issues that involve where a child may be educated; that is the narrowest definition of school choice. It also pertains to the funding mechanisms that empower choice, who has the authority make those decisions, and other issues that impact educational opportunities, diversity, and innovation. School choice also encourages accountability to families and empowers them to direct their children’s education.
We encourage families and community members to be engaged in education policy discussions; your voice is critical! It is important for the broader community and lawmakers to hear from families and concerned citizens about the life-changing benefits of having the option to send children to a school that best meets their needs.
What can you do to make a difference?
Some of the efforts are quick and easy; some require more time and effort. Do what you can, when you can. It all adds up. We are also here to help! Contact us at email@example.com anytime.
If you have one minute:
- Subscribe to our blog. It’s easy! A pop-up window will appear when you visit our website. You can subscribe that way, or click on any article, and there is a “subscribe today” box to the right. Every new article will go directly to your email so you don’t miss any updates.
- Like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter for the latest stories about educational options in New Hampshire and around the country.
- Share our articles and social media posts with your friends and networks. This is an easy way to reach out and engage more people.
- Learn more about candidates for local and state offices. We publish annual Legislator Report Cards and a Candidate Report Card in election years.
- Record your school-choice story in writing, or as a video or audio recording. It is a powerful way to share your personal message. Cell phones and other devices make it easy! Contact us for more information.
If you have one hour:
- Draft an op-ed or commentary to send to the media. We can help you craft your message and connect with local and state media outlets, including the Union Leader, Concord Monitor, and Nashua Telegraph.
- Call or email your state Representatives and Senators on important bills. We cover NH education legislation very closely and analyze relevant bills. We give you the what, when, and where so you can be well informed and engage in meaningful dialogs.
- Call or email the House and Senate education committee members. Their recommendations are very influential when they vote on the House or Senate floors. Legislation is usually won or lost in committee.
If you have one day:
- Submit testimony for education hearings at the local and state level. If you have something to add to the discussion, or a personal story to share, prepare testimony for the hearing. The committees also have sheets that publicly register your position on bills even if you don’t wish to testify.
- Attend periodic rallies, press conferences, and training workshops. We occasionally host special events for important education issues. Again, by subscribing to our blog and following us on Facebook and Twitter, you will always know what is planned.
If you want additional information on any of the above efforts, or want to be part of the School Choice for NH team, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children have one opportunity for an education that fits their needs and goals. When they are in a learning environment that “fits” them — everyone wins…the child, the family, and the community. Make a difference!