Supporting Educational Options for Families
At School Choice for NH we believe every child deserves an opportunity for an education that fits his or her unique needs. While there are many excellent schools, no single school can provide the right “fit” education for every child. This is why we inform, engage, and empower families, community leaders, and concerned citizens about various opportunities around the state and efforts that may expand or restrict these options.
We believe that families should not be limited to their zip codes or socioeconomic status to have their children’s learning needs and goals met. When a child is in a program that “fits” them, everyone wins… the child, the family, and the community.
Today is international #GivingTuesday, a day to encourage charitable giving to those organizations that make a difference in our communities. Please consider making a donation to School Choice for NH. We undertake a variety of work to support families:
- Building robust and unique resources, including our FAQ & Map, to help families find educational options in the communities near them.
- Cultivating extensive outreach and community-building efforts, including an exceptionally active social media presence.
- Hosting homeschool informational seminars across the state. To date we have held over 16 sessions in communities from Derry to Lancaster to New Market to Dublin to Manchester to Nashua. Contact us at email@example.com to arrange one in your area!
- Founding and building the most engaged homeschool community in the state through Granite State Home Educators.
- Hosting “parent voice” training seminars to help families share their stories about the impact of educational opportunities on their children.
- Bringing in national school choice experts – Kerry McDonald with FEE and the Cato Institute as well as Dr. Cara Stillings Candal of the Pioneer Institute — to share their knowledge and resources with the NH community.
- Bridging resource gaps for homeschooling students to support their educational journeys.
- Informing families and leaders about legislation and other government agencies’ work as it regards educational opportunities.
As a small, all-volunteer non-profit, every bit helps us fulfill our mission. School Choice for NH is a registered 501c4, so donations are not tax-deductible and your information remains private.
Thank you for your support.
- Even Good Things Come to an End
- Homeschool Info Sessions in Spring 2020
- School Leader Defends the Town Tuitioning Program
- Please Join Us to Celebrate National School Choice Week
- Schedule for Week of January 13, 2020
- Public Hearing on HB 1454, the Anti Public-School Learning Opportunities Bill
- More Attacks on Learn Everywhere
- Podcast Discussion about Educational Opportunities