Save Our Kids Press Conference — April 28, 2015 at 8:30am
Please join us for a press conference on Tuesday, April 28 at 8:30am in the lobby of the Legislative Office Building (LOB) at 33 N. State Street in Concord.
The Senate Education Committee will vote on HB 323 shortly after the press conference. Unless amended, this bill would give the state DOE far-reaching authority to determine which districts could participate in alternative assessments. There would not be any checks-and-balances of their authority with the legislature. This bill would bind this legislature and the next to a federal waiver that has not yet been approved. And, parents would be denied their right to direct their children’s education with assessments that are tied to federal approval.
This is the most important education bill of the year.
Please join us immediately after the press conference in room 103 for the Senate Education Committee’s executive session. The public may not speak, but can listen to the senators debate and vote on HB 323.
For more information, read HB 323, The Most Important Education Bill of the Year.
- Even Good Things Come to an End
- Homeschool Info Sessions in Spring 2020
- School Leader Defends the Town Tuitioning Program
- Please Join Us to Celebrate National School Choice Week
- Schedule for Week of January 13, 2020
- Public Hearing on HB 1454, the Anti Public-School Learning Opportunities Bill
- More Attacks on Learn Everywhere
- Podcast Discussion about Educational Opportunities