Recent BOE Appointment Still Playing Activist
Mr. Bill Duncan was nominated by Gov. Maggie Hassan for the state Board of Education in May. Not only does he have a strong bias against educational options including charter schools, he is also a litigant in a suit against the state and the tax-credit scholarship program. The governor should be held accountable for this grossly inappropriate political appointment. Clearly as a sitting BOE member, Mr. Duncan is not objective. In fact, he is still playing activist. Mr. Duncan continues to maintain his blog, Advancing NH Public Education, with a very biased view on school choice options and Common Core.
Listen to this June 13th segment of the Girard at Large radio show in which host Rich Girard discusses one of the latest exchanges, referencing ANHPE’s June 8th post.
In today’s post, Mr. Duncan refers to a nationally-recognized Common Core opponent as a “bottom feeder.”
These remarks and attitudes are inappropriate for someone entrusted with state leadership of our public education system.
- Even Good Things Come to an End
- Homeschool Info Sessions in Spring 2020
- School Leader Defends the Town Tuitioning Program
- Please Join Us to Celebrate National School Choice Week
- Schedule for Week of January 13, 2020
- Public Hearing on HB 1454, the Anti Public-School Learning Opportunities Bill
- More Attacks on Learn Everywhere
- Podcast Discussion about Educational Opportunities