The Gilford Controversy Heats Up
There are new developments between Mr. William Baer and the Gilford School Board. Mr. Baer recently hired a high-powered criminal defense attorney to handle his disorderly conduct charge. This situation won’t be settling down anytime soon and we will continue to keep you informed. More details are available in this Union Leader article.
In May Mr. Baer was arrested when he did not follow the Gilford School Board’s two-minute time limit when addressing them about a controversial book, “Nineteen Minutes,” that was assigned to his daughter’s ninth grade Honors English class. The school board admitted they failed to follow proper parental notification protocol. It was also in violation of state law, RSA 186:11 section IX-C.
For more background, read my article from last week.
Mr. Baer will be arraigned June 17th.
- Even Good Things Come to an End
- Homeschool Info Sessions in Spring 2020
- School Leader Defends the Town Tuitioning Program
- Please Join Us to Celebrate National School Choice Week
- Schedule for Week of January 13, 2020
- Public Hearing on HB 1454, the Anti Public-School Learning Opportunities Bill
- More Attacks on Learn Everywhere
- Podcast Discussion about Educational Opportunities